Review on Eudora® 6.2
Eudora 6.2 is an e-mail client service. This fully featured e-mail client can be used by both Windows and Mac users. One of the main features of Eudora 6.2 is the 'ScamWatch'. The specialty of this is that it watches for suspicious links in you Inbox and warns you about it. IMAP support in the new Eudora lets you delete messages when not online. It now uses OpenSSL making better management of socket layers.
Eudora 6.2 is for anyone who wants to do more than sending and receiving mails using a e-mail client. It lets you manage and enhance communication. The new ‘Personalities Window’ helps you in managing more than one account. The newly designed emotions can animate your conversations. If you want to switch from one computer to another and see the same Eudora interface, the new IMAP feature solves your problem.
Eudora brings liveliness to the chat by adding new emoticons. Now it can display emoticons as graphic icons and will display all the emoticons in your Inbox. The new IMAP features make transferring of IMAP mailbox messages to your local Inbox. So all changes made to IMAP mailbox affects the local mailbox. If you want to directly go to iChat, the Apple’s instant messaging software, the new quick launch button lets you to do it. Another feature in this new version which is especially useful is ‘Live Search’. The specialty of this is that when you are searching in your Inbox and a new mail arrives, it automatically updates in search results. Not just about fun, Eudora 6.2 also gives importance to security with the new additions ‘ScamWatch’ and 'OpenSSL'. ScamWatch watches for suspicious web links in the Inbox. The new SSL provides better e-mail security and encryption.
- FIVE –Â ScamWatch & OpenSSLThis feature inspects all the web links in the Inbox. It looks for suspicious links by checking the link in your Inbox with the host URL. Then, it gives warning about the insecurity of that mail. So it prevents scam from flooding your Inbox. The OpenSSL Project develops a robust, improved, full-featured, implementation of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols.
- FOUR –Â EmoticonsEmoticons are characters or symbols used to indicate an emotion or expression. It makes your chat more interesting. Eudora can now display emoticons as graphic icons. Incoming e-mails which has emoticons will be displayed with graphics. You can insert Emoticons easily into your chat by three methods. You can directly type it or use the pull down menu options or use the Insert button.
- THREE –Â IMAPEudora 6.2 makes changes to the way messages are deleted or transferred. It provides same interfaces when we are accessing from different sources. It now provides improved transfer of messages between IMAP mailbox and local Inbox. Deletion of operation affects both Inboxes. ‘Show Delete’ option gives you information about deleted messages. The new auto-expunge option periodically removes the deleted messages.
- TWO –Â LiveSearchThis feature makes automatic updation of search results even when you are on a live search. The new search window helps you in specifying multiple search criteria and specific folders and mailboxes to be searched. The Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) lets you access mailboxes and mail folders that are stored on a remote IMAP server, and download your messages only when needed.
- ONE – Â Miscellaneous AdditionsFirst among many additions is the iChat. A quick launch button in the address book directly connects to Apple’s iChat software. The new Dock icon in the Macintosh OS X Dock now displays the number of unread messages in the icon. Content Concentrator a new addition to Eudora 6.2 makes the messages more readable.
E-mail client systems are constantly updating their versions to give users better experience. Eudora 6.2 is an example of that with several new features which makes your e-mail management tool an easy and enjoyable.