Quick Steps to Backup and Restore PST files in Outlook 2007 on Windows XP
Do you know Microsoft Outlook stores messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries in a personal storage folder on your computer? Do you know that it can also save files in a mailbox that is located on the server? Well, it is true that Microsoft Outlook 2007 saves all your important data on either of the two locations.
The personal storage folder is also known as .pst file, which is there on your computer’s hard disk drive. You can use a backup of your .pst file and restore or move your data in case you experience a hardware failure or lose data unexpectedly. Also, whenever you have to transfer data from one computer to another or have to transfer it from one hard disk drive to another hard disk drive, you can use backup and restore .pst files.
Whatever is the situation, if you ever want to backup and restore .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2007 on your Windows XP based PC, then feel free to follow our instructions available below and make the changes as required. Here’s how you can do it.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to backup and restore .pst files in Outlook 2007 on Windows XP -based PC:
1. First you need to make hidden files and folders visible. To do so, open "My Computer.
2. Click “Tools and select “Folder Options.
3. Click on the “View tab and select the radio button next to “Show hidden files and folders, then click “OK.
4. To backup the “PST file, make sure Outlook is closed.
5. Navigate to “C:, “Users, “Your Username, “App Data, “Local, “Microsoft, “Outlook.
6. Copy the “PST file and paste it to the desired location and then close the window.
7. To restore the “PST file, open “Outlook 2007.
8. Click on “File and go to “Open, and then click “Outlook Data File.
9. Go to the location where you saved the backup and then select it.
10. Click “OK and it will restore the “PST file.
Once you backup and restore .pst files in Outlook 2007 on Windows XP, you can easily transfer you data from one computer to another computer. Our easy-to-follow step-by-step solution mentioned above can help you do it very easily.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: