Backup and Restore PST files in Outlook 2010 on Windows Vista
Wondering how to backup and restore .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 in your Windows Vista based PC? Well, stop wondering, you can easily backup and restore .pst files and safe your data from getting lost. The Microsoft Outlook stores messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries in a personal storage folder on your computer, which is also called .pst files. This file is located on the computer’s hard disk drive and can be used to take backup and restore in case you experience a hardware failure or lose data unexpectedly.
The process of taking a backup and restoring .pst file is easy, all you need to do is follow our instructions carefully and make the changes to transfer data from one computer to another or from one hard disk drive to another hard disk drive.
So, what are you waiting for, start following our steps mentioned below and backup and restore .pst files at the comfort of your home, office, or home office.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to backup and restore .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows Vista-based PC:
1. To backup the “PST file, make sure Outlook is closed.
2. Navigate to “C:, “Users, “Your Username, “Documents, “Outlook Files.
3. Copy the “PST file and paste it to the desired location and then close the window.
4. To restore the “PST file, open “Outlook 2010.
5. Click on “File and go to “Open, and then click “Open Outlook Data File.
6. Go to the location where you saved the backup and then select it.
7. Click “OK and it will restore the “PST file.
See, how easily you can backup and restore .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows Vista-based PC. Simply, follow our quick and easy instruction and make the changes at your convenience.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: