7 Steps to Backup and Restore PST files in Outlook 2010
Do you know Microsoft Outlook stores messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries in a personal storage folder on your computer? Well, it is true that Outlook stores all your important data and protects the information from getting lost or gone. The personal storage folder where all your information is saved is nothing but .pst files, which is located on your computer’s hard disk drive.
The .pst files is use to backup your data and restore or move your data in case you experience a hardware failure or lose data unexpectedly. Also, whenever you have to transfer data from one computer to another or have to transfer it from one hard disk drive to another hard disk drive, you can use backup and restore .pst files.
So, if you ever want to backup and restore .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows XP based PC, then follow our instructions available below and make the changes as required. Here’s how you can do it.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to backup and restore .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows XP-based PC:
1. To backup the “PST file, make sure Outlook is closed.
2. Navigate to “C:, “Documents and Settings, “Your Username, “My Documents, “Outlook Files.
3. Copy the “PST file and paste it to the desired location and then close the window.
4. To restore the “PST file, open “Outlook 2010.
5. Click on “File and go to “Open, and then click “Open Outlook Data File.
6. Go to the location where you saved the backup and then select it.
7. Click “OK and it will restore the “PST file.
See, how easy it was? Well, backup and restore .pst files is not as difficult as it seems to be. You can easily backup and restore .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows XP -based PC with the help of our instructions mentioned above.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: