Microsoft Outlook 2003: How to display the contacts list in Windows XP?
All applications that you install on your PC come set with the default settings. These settings are technically the best in the sense that they are simple to understand and use and widely accepted by all. However, since the applications are designed to aid you, they also allow you to customize their settings as per your preference and task at hand. Here we are showing you the easy steps that you can follow to change the contact display format. First name, last name is the default format that this application offers, however, by following the steps below you can easily make it to last name, first name and complete your task.
On your Windows XP-based PC, this is what you can do:
1. Start Microsoft Outlook 2003.
2. On the Tools menu, click on “E-mail accounts.
3. Click “View or change existing directories or address books, and then click on “Next.
4. Click “Outlook Address Book, and then click “Change.
5. Under the Outlook Address Books, click the address book that you want to change the contact display format for.
6. Click on “Close and then click “Finish.
7. Quit and restart the Microsoft Outlook 2003 application.
8. To verify the format:
• Click the “Tools menu and then click “Options.
• On the “Preferences tab, click “Contact Options.
• In the “Contact Options box, click “Last, First in the “Default File As order list.
• Click “OK twice.
This will complete the process for you and you will now be able to display the contact list as per your choice in Microsoft Outlook 2003 application.
If you want to enjoy a quick recap of the solution steps mentioned above, you can click on the video window given below and check it out…