Microsoft Outlook 2003: How to display the contacts list in Windows Vista?
By customizing the Microsoft Outlook 2003 application on your Windows Vista-based PC, you can use it to make your mark, both at the personal as well as the professional levels. You do not need to be an advanced PC user with much technical knowhow. Even a beginner can modify a setting here and there in this application and so you can do it too. Here are the easy steps that you can follow to change the display of contacts list in Microsoft Outlook 2003 on your Windows Vista-based PC. Are you ready to implement the steps yet?
The easy step solution to the issue is:
1. Start Microsoft Outlook 2003.
2. On the Tools menu, click on “E-mail accounts.
3. Click “View or change existing directories or address books, and then click “Next.
4. Click “Outlook Address Book, and then click “Change.
5. Under Outlook Address Books, click the address book that you want to change the contact display format for.
6. Click on “Close, and then click “Finish.
7. Quit and restart Microsoft Outlook 2003.
8. To verify the format
• Click the “Tools menu and then click on “Options.
• On the “Preferences tab, click “Contact Options.
• In the “Contact Options box, click “Last, First in the “Default File As order list
• Click “OK two times.
By applying the above mentioned steps you can easily change the default ‘first name, last name’ format to ‘last name, first name’ format on your favorite e-mail program. This modification will give all your outgoing mails your personal touch, and there’s no denying to the impression you will etch on the mind of the recipient.
Care to check out a video on this? Here you go…