Create an e-mail profile in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows XP
Creating an e-mail profile in Microsoft Outlook 2010 is possible on your Windows XP-based-computer. Want to know how? Well, Microsoft Outlook Express automatically creates a new profile as soon as you run it for the first time. Also, an e-mail profile comprises of e-mail accounts, data files as well as information about where the e-mail messages are stored, thus, making it easy for you to start with a new e-mail profile.
The profiles in Microsoft Outlook are very much similar to the identities used in Outlook Express that helps you to store the important information of your account. To create an e-mail profile in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows XP based PC, you can go through our quick and easy solution steps mentioned below.
Here’s how you can create an e-mail profile in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows XP-based computer.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to create an e-mail profile in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows XP:
1. Click on the “Start button
2. Go to the “Control Panel
• If the “Control Panel is in “Classic View, double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
3. In the “Mail Setup dialog box, click on “Show Profiles.
4. On the “General tab, under “When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click “Prompt for a profile to be used
5. Click on “Add
6. In the “Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then click “OK
7. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click “Next
8. Click “Finish and then click “OK
An e-mail profile contains all your important information that you have saved on Outlook Express. Our quick and easy solution steps available here can help you create an e-mail profile in Microsoft Outlook 2010 right away.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: