Create and insert a Signature in Microsoft Outlook 2007
If you are using the Microsoft Outlook 2007 application, here are a few simple DIY solution steps that you can follow in order to customize the application and best use it to suit your purposes. By applying the below-mentioned steps, you can easily create a signature, format the same, add a business card, and insert a business card manually and also set it to be automatically inserted. Isn’t it motivating? Don’t worry even if you are just a beginner – the steps are so simple to follow that you will be able to do it in a jiffy. To top it all, by creating and inserting a signature in your e-mail application, you will give a professional look to all your outgoing e-mails and thereby create a mark for yourself!
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. Click on ‘New’ to open a new message window.
3. On the ‘Message’ tab, in the Include group, click on ‘Signature’, and then click on ‘Signatures’.
4. On the ‘E-mail Signature’ tab, click on ‘New’.
5. Type a name for the signature, and then click ‘OK’.
6. In the ‘Edit signature’ box, type the text that you want to include in the signature.
7. To format the text, select the text, and then use the style and formatting buttons to select the options that you want.
8. To add elements besides text, place your cursor where you want the element to appear, and:
• To add an electronic business card, click ‘Business Card’, and then click a contact in the ‘Filed As’ list, and then click ‘OK’.
• To add a hyperlink, click the ‘Insert Hyperlink’ icon, browse to a hyperlink, click to select it, and then click ‘OK’.
• To add a picture, click the ‘Picture’ icon, browse to a picture, click to select it, and then click ‘Insert’.
9. After you finish creating the signature, click ‘OK’.
To insert a signature automatically:
1. In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, click ‘Signature’, and then click ‘Signatures’.
2. Under ‘Choose default signature’, in the ‘E-mail account’ list, click an e-mail account with which you want to associate the signature.
3. In the ‘New messages’ list, select the signature that you want.
4. If you want a signature to be included in message replies and in forwarded messages, in the ‘Replies/forwards’ list, select the signature.
5. Click ‘OK’.
6. Insert a signature manually.
To insert a signature manually:
1. In a new message, on the ‘Message’ tab, in the Include group, click ‘Signature’, and then select the signature that you want.
Depending upon what task you have on hand, you can easily create a signature and further insert it in your outgoing e-mails of the Microsoft Outlook 2007 application. However, before you start applying the signature creating steps, you can browse through a few sample signatures to understand what the relevant trend is. Accordingly, you can use your own creativity and give the signature and business card your own creative look and feel.
To better comprehend the solution steps, here is a short video that you can check out.