Microsoft Outlook 2007: Create an e-mail profile in Windows 7
If you are tired of segregating your personal and work-related mails that all end up coming to your Microsoft Outlook 2007 folder, here is something that can interest you. In your e-mail application, you can easily create and manage more than one e-mail profile and delegate each profile to manage your different tasks. So, while one e-mail profile can be used to handle personal mails, you can use the other to manage your work-related mails, appointments and others. Don’t worry if you haven’t implemented it yet. You can follow the steps provided below to complete the task in a jiffy.
On your Windows 7-based PC, this is how you can create an e-mail profile:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ button.
2. Go to the ‘Control Panel’.
• If the ‘Control Panel’ is in either ‘Large icons’ or ‘Small icons’ view, click ‘Mail’.
3. In the ‘Mail Setup’ dialog box, click on ‘Show Profiles’.
4. On the ‘General’ tab, under ‘When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile’, click ‘Prompt for a profile to be used’.
5. Click on ‘Add’.
6. In the ‘Profile Name’ box, type the name that you want to use for the new e-mail profile, and then click on ‘OK’.
7. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click ‘Next’.
8. Click ‘Finish’ and then click on ‘OK’.
In this way you can create as many profiles in your Microsoft Outlook 2007 application as you want and effectively manage all the profiles and carry out your tasks in a smooth manner.
To help you better comprehend the above mentioned steps, here is a short video that you can check out. To watch it now, click on the window below: