Microsoft Outlook 2007: Create an e-mail profile in Windows Vista
A profile in your Microsoft Outlook 2007 application stores data such as your e-mail account details, settings, messages, etc. This is especially handy when you use the application to manage different accounts – one for your personal use and the other for your professional communication. If you haven’t yet tried this wonderful feature – of managing two separate accounts – on your e-mail application, you can do it now. Follow the steps mentioned below to create an e-mail profile in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
If you are using a Windows Vista PC, this is what you need to do:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ button.
2. Go to the ‘Control Panel’.
• If the ‘Control Panel’ is in ‘Classic View’, double-click on ‘Mail’. The Mail Setup dialog box will appear.
3. In the ‘Mail Setup’ dialog box, click on ‘Show Profiles’.
4. On the ‘General’ tab, under ‘When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile’, click ‘Prompt for a profile to be used’.
5. Click on ‘Add’.
6. In the ‘Profile Name’ box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then click ‘OK’.
7. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click ‘Next’.
8. Click ‘Finish’ and then click on ‘OK’.
Now that you have two separate accounts created on your e-mail application, you can assign both to manage your different mails easily. This way you can organize your mails, your appointments, and everything else in a systematic manner and since you will have two separate profiles, you will not have to bother about overlapping or missing out on important tasks at all.
Check out this solution video to enjoy a quick recap of the above mentioned steps: