Microsoft Outlook 2007: How to display the contacts list in Windows 7?
Here is how you can easily customize your Microsoft Outlook 2007 application to better suit your needs and preferences! One handy way of personalizing the application setting is to change the contact list display from the default setting that Microsoft has set it with. As you are aware, in this application, the contacts are shown in the first name, last name format. Depending on your task at hand, you can modify the settings and let it display this list in the last name, first name format. If you haven’t ever tried this, here is your chance to actually apply them…
If you are using a Windows 7-based PC, this is what you can do...
1. Start Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. On the Tools menu, click on “Account Settings.
3. Click on the ‘Address Books’ tab, and then click on “Change.
4. Under “Microsoft Office Outlook Address Books, click the address book that you want to change the contact display format for and then click on “Close.
5. Quit and restart Microsoft Outlook 2007.
6. To verify the format
a. Click the “Tools menu and then click on “Options.
b. On the “Preferences tab, click on “Contact Options.
c. In the “Contacts Options box, click on “Last, First in the “Default File As order list
d. Click “OK two times.
Simple isn’t it? In just a jiffy, you could easily modify the contacts list display in Microsoft Outlook 2007 and carry out your tasks in a much more effective and effortless way.
For a quick recap of the solution steps, here is a short video that you can check out. To watch it now, click below: