Export and Import PST files in Outlook 2007 on Windows 7
Do you know what a .pst file is and how it works? Do you know a .pst file is used to save your important data that you exchange on Microsoft Outlook on your computer? Well, a .pst file is nothing but your personal storage folder wherein Microsoft Outlook store messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries.
A .pst files is located on your computer hard disk drive and it can be exported or imported in your Outlook 2007 account very easily. So, whenever you want to migrate Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items or any other data from one computer to another or restore a backup, the Import and Export Wizard can help you complete the task easily.
You can follow our easy-to-understand instructions mentioned below and make the changes that are required to export and import .pst files. Here’s how you can do it.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to export and import .pst files in Outlook 2007 on Windows 7-based PC:
To export PST file
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. Click on “File and then click “Import and Export.
3. Choose “Export to a file and click “Next.
4. Choose “Personal Folder File (.pst) and click “Next.
5. Select the “Inbox and checkbox next to “Include Subfolders then click “Next.
6. Click “Browse and set the file location where you want to export it.
7. Type the file name and click “OK.
8. Click “Finish and you'll be prompted to set properties for the “PST file.
9. In the Name field type a descriptive name and click “OK to start the export.
10. Wait for the process to complete.
To import PST file
11. Click on “File again and then click “Import and Export.
12. Choose “Import from another program or file and click “Next.
13. Choose “Personal Folder File (.pst) and click “Next.
14. Select the “Inbox and checkbox next to “Include Subfolders then click “Next.
15. Click “Browse and navigate to the location where you've restored the “PST file.
16. Select the “PST file and click “Open.
17. Click “Next and then click “Finish.
Wait for the process to complete.
See, how easily you can export and import .pst files in Outlook 2007 on your Windows 7-based PC. All you have to do is follow our step-by-step solution and make the changes as required.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: