Moving PST files in Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista
Are you looking for the steps to export and import .pst files of Outlook 2007 in your Windows Vista based PC? If you do, then let us take you through the steps that can help you do the needful right away. But, before you do that, let us tell you that a .pst file is used to save your important data that you exchange on Microsoft Outlook on your computer. The .pst file stands for personal storage folder wherein Microsoft Outlook store messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries.
It is located on your computer hard disk drive and can be exported or imported with the help of Import and Export Wizard in your Outlook 2007. So, if you want to move Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items, etc. from one computer to another and don’t know how to export or import .pst file, then our quick and easy solution steps can help you right away. Simply, follow our step-by-step instructions mentioned below and make the changes that are required.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to export and import .pst files in Outlook 2007 Windows Vista-based PC:
To export PST file
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. Click on “File and then click “Import and Export.
3. Choose “Export to a file and click “Next.
4. Choose “Personal Folder File (.pst) and click “Next.
5. Select the “Inbox and checkbox next to “Include Subfolders then click “Next.
6. Click “Browse and set the file location where you want to export it.
7. Type the file name and click “OK.
8. Click “Finish and you'll be prompted to set properties for the “PST file.
9. In the Name field type a descriptive name and click “OK to start the export.
To import PST file
10. Click on “File again and then click “Import and Export.
11. Choose “Import from another program or file and click “Next.
12. Choose “Personal Folder File (.pst) and click “Next.
13. Select the “Inbox and checkbox next to “Include Subfolders then click “Next.
14. Click “Browse and navigate to the location where you've restored the “PST file.
15. Select the “PST file and click “Open.
16. Click “Next and then click “Finish.
Now you understand how to export and import .pst files in Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista -based PC. So, the next time you want to export or import .pst files in your computer, don’t get confused, simply follow our steps mentioned above and do the changes as required.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: