Export and Import PST files in Outlook 2007 in Few Simple Steps
Do you want to export and import .pst files in Outlook 2007? Do you know how to export and import .pst file? Well, you can easily export and import .pst files in Outlook 2007 on your Windows XP based PC.
It takes only few minutes in moving the files from one location to another, however, you need to be sure about the procedure of moving .pst files.
The .pst file is used to save your important data that you exchange on Microsoft Outlook on your computer. It is actually a personal storage folder where the Microsoft Outlook store messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries. A .pst files is located on your computer hard disk drive and it can be exported or imported in your Outlook 2007 account very easily.
To move your Microsoft Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items or any other data from one computer to another or restore a backup, you can use Import and Export Wizard and complete the task easily. Here’s how you can do it.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to export and import .pst files in Outlook 2007 on Windows XP-based PC:
To export PST file
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. Click on “File and then click “Import and Export.
3. Choose “Export to a file and click “Next.
4. Choose “Personal Folder File (.pst) and click “Next.
5. Select the “Inbox and checkbox next to “Include Subfolders then click “Next.
6. Click “Browse and set the file location where you want to export it.
7. Type the file name and click “OK.
8. Click “Finish and you'll be prompted to set properties for the “PST file.
9. In the Name field type a descriptive name and click “OK to start the export.
10. Wait for the process to complete.
To import PST file
- Click on “File again and then click “Import and Export.
- Choose “Import from another program or file and click “Next.
- Choose “Personal Folder File (.pst) and click “Next.
- Select the “Inbox and checkbox next to “Include Subfolders then click “Next.
- Click “Browse and navigate to the location where you've restored the “PST file.
- Select the “PST file and click “Open.
- Click “Next and then click “Finish.
Wait for the process to complete.
Don’t you think, exporting and importing .pst files in Outlook 2007 on Windows XP based PC is easy. Well, it is very easy and you can move .pst files with the help of our instructions mentioned above.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: