How to Export and Import PST files in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7?
Keeping a backup of the .pst files of Outlook 2010 in your Windows 7 based PC is a smart option, but, do you know how to back up and restore them in few steps? Well, don’t worry, we can tell you how easily you can export or import .pst files to save your important data that you exchange on Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
A .pst file is nothing but your personal storage folder where Microsoft Outlook store messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries. This file is located on your computer hard disk drive and can be exported or imported in your Outlook 2007 account very easily. To export and import .pst file in Outlook 2010, you can follow our instruction mentioned below and make the changes at the comfort of your home, office, or home office.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to export and import .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 in Windows 7-based PC:
To export PST file
1.Open Microsoft Outlook 2010.
2. Click on "File and go to “Open.
3. Click on “Import and “Import and Export Wizard appears.
4. Choose “Export to a file and click “Next.
5. Choose “Outlook data file (.pst) and click “Next.
6. Make sure “Inbox and “Include Subfolders are selected then click “Next.
7. Click “Browse and set the file location where you want to export it.
8. Type the file name and click “OK.
9. Click “Finish to start the export and wait for the process to complete.
To import PST file
10. Click on “File again and go to “Open.
11. Click on “Import and “Import and Export Wizard appears.
12. Make sure “Import from another program or file is selected and click “Next.
13. Choose “Outlook Data File (.pst) and click “Next.
14. Click “Browse and navigate to the location where you've restored the “PST file.
15. Select the “PST file and click “Open.
16. Click “Next and then click “Finish
Wait for the process to complete.
Once you export and import .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 in Windows 7-based PC, you can exchange all your important data from Microsoft Outlook to your computer. Our easy-to-follow steps mentioned above can help you make the changes as and when you want.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: