Quick Steps to Export and Import PST files in Outlook 2010
So, your computer hardware fails unexpectedly and now you want to export and import .pst files to exchange Microsoft Outlook data from one computer to another computer. Well, you might have to move your export and import .pst files at any point of time and therefore a .pst file helps you to save your important data that you exchange on Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
A .pst file is nothing but your personal storage folder where Microsoft Outlook store messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes and journal entries. It is located on your computer hard disk drive and it can be exported or imported in your Outlook 2010 account very easily. So, whenever you want to migrate Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items, etc. from one computer to another or restore a backup, then use Import and Export Wizard to finish off the task right away.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to export and import .pst files in Outlook 2010 on Windows Vista-based PC:
To export PST file
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2010.
2. Click on “File and go to “Open.
3. Click on “Import and “Import and Export Wizard appears.
4. Choose “Export to a file and click “Next.
5. Choose “Outlook data file (.pst) and click “Next.
6. Make sure “Inbox and “Include Subfolders are selected then click “Next.
7. Click “Browse and set the file location where you want to export it.
8. Type the file name and click “OK.
9. Click “Finish to start the export and wait for the process to complete.
To import PST file
- Click on “File again and go to “Open.
- Click on “Import and “Import and Export Wizard appears.
- Make sure “Import from another program or file is selected and click “Next.
- Choose “Outlook Data File (.pst) and click “Next.
- Click “Browse and navigate to the location where you've restored the “PST file.
- Select the “PST file and click “Open.
- Click “Next and then click “Finish.
Wait for the process to complete.
Once you export and import .pst files in Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows Vista -based PC, you can backup and restore data and move it from one computer to another. You can follow our instructions mentioned below and make the changes that are required to export or import the .pst files.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: