How to Create an Alias E-mail Address in Outlook.com to Continue using your Old Hotmail Address?
If you have recently switched your old Hotmail address to Outlook.com, you will find it interesting to know that you can still continue to use the same contact list, inbox settings, and other preferences that you had in your Hotmail account! Yes, the only modification that you will have to do in this is to create an alias. This can be done in a jiffy and you can refer to the below mentioned steps to be able to complete the task. You can access your account using either alias and use the benefits on the same platform.
The easy step solution to the above issue is:
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Go to the "www.outlook.com" webpage and login with your Outlook account.
- Click on the "Gear" icon on the top right corner of the window and then select "More Mail Settings" from the list.
- Now click "Create an Outlook Alias" in the "Managing Your Account" option.
- Type your e-mail address and make sure that "Outlook.com" is selected in the drop down.
- Click "Create An Alias" and then click "Done" to create an Outlook.com e-mail address in addition to your old Hotmail address.Â
Other than adding an alias, you can also set it as your default alias to make things simpler for you to work on. And now that you have created one, how about signing in to your account with the new alias and check it out?
If you want to enjoy a quick recap of the solution steps mentioned above, here is a short video that you can check out. To watch it now, click on the link below: