How to import Gmail contacts on Windows Vista?
Are you looking for the steps to import Gmail contacts on your Windows Vista-based PC? Well, instead of retyping them, you can use the comma-separated values (CSV) format, which every other e-mail program including Gmail supports, and import the Gmail contacts easily. You can even use the e-mail management tools provided by Outlook, in case you want to import the contacts from Gmail to Outlook in an easy manner.
By importing Gmail contacts on your Windows Vista-based computer, you can easily maintain your important contact list on PC and use them whenever you want. This will also provide you an easy access to your contacts as you can use it instantly. So, if you are looking for the solution to import Gmail contacts on your Windows Vista–based PC, then our instruction can help you right away.
Simply, follow our instruction quick and easy instructions and make the changes as required to import the Gmail contacts on your PC.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to import Gmail contacts on Windows Vista:
1. Open “Internet Explore, type “www.gmail.com in the Address bar and then press “ENTER on your keyboard.
2. Log into your Gmail account, Click on “Contacts and then select all Contacts check box.
3. Choose the “More tab and then select “Export from the drop down list.
4. Choose “Outlook CSV format (for importing into outlook or another application) to allow the file to easily transfer into the application.
5. Click “Export
6. Click on “Save, and then browse “.csv" file on the desktop and then click “Save.
7. Click “Close and minimize the web browser.
8. Launch Microsoft Outlook 2010. Click the "File" tab in the upper-left corner of the window and select "Open" on the menu.
9. Click on “Import.
10. A new window titled "Import and Export Wizard" appears, Select "Import from another program or file" and click "Next."
11. Select "Comma Separated Values (DOS)" and click "Next."
12. Click the "Browse" button and then select the “.csv file on the desktop.
13. Click "OK" and then click “Next.
14. Select "Contacts" as the destination folder and click "Next."
15. Click "Finish" to add your Gmail contacts to Outlook 2010.
Didn’t you find these instructions quick and easy? Well, the method of importing Gmail contacts on your PC is easy, all you need to do is carefully follow our steps and make the changes as per your need and requirement.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: