Having trouble with managing Contacts on Microsoft® Outlook?
iYogi experts can help you create and manage your Contacts on Microsoft Outlook in minutes!
Support for Outlook by iYogi
Managing your Contacts on Outlook could be a little troublesome, especially if you are new to Microsoft Outlook. Sometimes you may find it difficult to understand the application after you upgrade the version. Call iYogi for comprehensive support on Microsoft Outlook. Our mission is to help Microsoft Outlook users like you, enjoy a hassle-free experience.
Here are some things you may need our support on:
- Syncing Contacts
- Changing your password for Outlook email account
- Syncing Outlook Calendar with your mobile phone
- Emails stuck in Outbox
- Product activation
- Security for Microsoft Outlook
- Slow and unresponsive Inbox
- Creating and managing Folders
- Archiving your emails
Call iYogi at 1-877-720-7608Â and get exceptional support for Microsoft.
You can import your Contacts in Microsoft Outlook
Contacts are really important in Microsoft Outlook. When you start using the application, you wouldn’t have any Contacts to begin with. In case you have Contacts in the form of a CSV file, you can easily import them in Microsoft Outlook.
10 easy DIY steps to import Contacts from a CSV file
- Click on the File tab on the Ribbon.
- Select the option ‘Open’.
- There you would see the option ‘Import’. Select that option.
- Â Click on the option ‘Import from another program on file’ and then select the option ‘Next’
- You would be seeing the option ‘Select the file type to import’, under which you need to select the type of file you are going to import. In this case, CSV format.
- Now you need to select the option ‘File to import’, under which you would find ‘Browse’. Click on ‘Browse’ to locate the file you need to import and then click on ‘Ok’
- Once you have selected the file, you need to set preferences for duplicates. Under the ‘Import the file’ dialog box, you would find the option ‘Option’. Select that.
- You need to select one of the options to finish the process of importing your contacts: ‘Replace duplicates with items imported’ or ‘Allow duplicates to be created’ or ‘Do not import duplicate items’.
- Once you choose an option, you need to select the option ‘Next’.
- In the same ‘Import a file’ dialog box, you would find ‘Select the destination folder’, under which you need to select a folder where the contacts would be imported. After selecting the folder, you need to click on ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ to complete the process!