Microsoft Outlook 2003: How to manually compact .PST files in Windows Vista?
Conserving hard disk space is something that every PC user wants to excel at. However, with tasks going on at jet speed, managing the space becomes quite a tedious job. In your Microsoft Outlook 2003 application, you will surely have several unwanted files that may be just lying there and eating up the valuable space. To free up that space, you can delete the files permanently and let the application automatically compact them. However, if permanent elimination isn’t an option with you, you can manually compact the .PST files and still create the required space.
Here is what you can do on your Windows Vista-based PC:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2003.
2. On the File menu, click on “Data File Management.
3. Click to select your “Personal Folder, and then click on “Settings.
4. On the “General tab, click on “Compact Now.
5. Click “OK and then click on “Close.
Simple, isn’t it? To make your task of manually compressing the .PST files in your e-mail application, we have for you a short solution video that you can check out.
To watch the video now, click on the window below: