Microsoft Outlook 2010: How to configure the Junk e-mail settings on Windows 7?
If you have recently upgraded your e-mail application to Microsoft Outlook 2010, you will find this article handy. Here we are sharing with you a step-wise description to how you can set up your e-mail application and let it better serve you with its advanced features and functionality. The steps mentioned below will help you to configure the junk e-mail settings on your Microsoft Outlook 2010 application and enhance the security of your mailbox. Go through each step closely and accurately apply them to complete the task on your Windows 7 PC.
The easy step solution to the issue is as:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2010.
2. Click on the “Home menu, and then click on the “Junk button.
3. Select “Junk E-Mail Options from the drop down list.
4. Click the “Safe Senders tab and then click “Add and enter the e-mail address or domain of the sender that you want Microsoft Outlook 2007 to deliver to your Inbox, regardless of content or subject.
5. Click “OK, and then repeat this for each sender you want to add.
6. In the “Safe Senders tab, select the “Also Trust E-Mail From My Contacts check box if you want Microsoft Outlook 2007 to always accept e-mail from senders in your Contacts folder, regardless of content or subject. You can also choose to select the “Automatically Add People I E-Mail To The Safe Senders List check box.
7. Click the “Safe Recipients tab, and add the target addresses or domains for which Microsoft Outlook 2007 should allow messages (used typically to accept e-mail sent to a mailing list).
8. Click the “Blocked Senders tab, and add the addresses or domains of junk e-mail senders whose messages you want Microsoft Outlook 2007 to explicitly block.
9. Click the “International tab, and select the top-level domains and types of language encoding that Microsoft Outlook 2007 should always block.
10. Click “OK to apply the filter changes.
11. Click “OK to close the Junk Email Options dialog box.
By following the simple steps mentioned above, you can easily configure the junk e-mail settings in your Microsoft Outlook 2010 application. If you are finding the above mentioned steps too many to be followed at one go, here is a short video that can help you do a quick recall.
To watch it now, click on the window below: