Need expert tech support and help for Microsoft® Outlook?
iYogi experts offer technical help for Microsoft Outlook. In minutes!
Help for Microsoft Outlook by iYogi
Are you facing problems in sending or receiving emails with Microsoft Outlook installed on your PC? Relax, just call up the technicians at iYogi to get expert tech help for Microsoft Outlook. Our technicians can resolve various problems related to Microsoft Outlook and ensure that you never miss an email. They can also customize the email program’s settings according to your requirements. So, get help from iYogi experts and always stay in touch with your contacts by using Microsoft Outlook without any glitches.
Here are some of the tech help services for Microsoft Outlook that are provided by iYogi experts:
- Configuring the settings of Microsoft Outlook
- Resolving Microsoft Outlook errors
- Creating a backup of emails, contacts, and calendars
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook to optimize its performance
Call iYogi at the toll free number 1-877-720-7608 to get comprehensive tech help for Microsoft Outlook.
Tips to resolve the common issues related to Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients. It’s quite easy to use and has several advanced features. However, sometimes you might face technical issues while using this email program. These can range from a corrupted data file to slow performance. Here are some tips to fix the common problems related to Microsoft Outlook:
Slow performance due to a large Outlook data file
As you keep receiving more and more emails, the size of the mailbox becomes huge. This slows down the program and it takes longer to send and receive emails. The issue can be fixed by moving the old emails to an archive folder to decrease the size of the mailbox.
Outlook data gets corrupted due to a virus infection
Outlook stores the emails, contacts, and appointments in a data file in the Personal Folders (.pst) format. If a malicious program damages the .pst file of Outlook, you won’t be able to access the email messages. As a precautionary measure, it’s recommended to back up the Outlook data file at regular intervals.
Outlook cannot download email messages
Sometimes if the server to which your Outlook account is connected is down, you won’t be able to send or receive emails. In such a case, try to reconnect to the server after sometime. If the problem persists, contact a tech support personnel for assistance.
DIY: How to manually archive old emails in Microsoft Outlook 2010
If Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on your PC is working slowly, it could be due to a large data file. To fix this issue, archive the old emails to decrease the size of the mailbox. This will help you to speed up the email program’s performance. Just follow the steps give here to manually archive emails in Microsoft Outlook 2010:
- In Microsoft Outlook 2010, click the ‘File’ tab.
- Now click the ‘Cleanup Tools’ option.
- Click the ‘Archive this folder and all subfolders’ option.
- Select the folder that you want to archive. Note: Any subfolder of the folder you select will also be included automatically.
- Enter a date under ‘Archive items older than’.
- If you do not want to use the default file or location, under ‘Archive file’, click ‘Browse’ to specify a location.
- Click the ‘Include items with “Do not AutoArchive checked’Â check box to include any items that might be marked to be excluded from automatic archiving.
By following these steps, you will be able to manually archive emails in Microsoft Outlook 2010.