Microsoft Outlook 2007: Open a specific e-mail profile in Windows XP
Do you operate multiple e-mail profiles in your Microsoft Outlook 2007 application? Well, you must be now enjoying managing and organizing your e-mails even more efficiently. However, if the same e-mail profile is opening up, each time you are launching the program, it could be an annoyance for you. Hang on; this annoyance can be short lived. By configuring the settings, you can easily let the application open a specific e-mail profile to suit your needs and requirements. Before you set out to implement the below mentioned steps, identify which e-mail profile would you like the program to launch. This could depend upon the profile that is mostly used or your significant profile (depending on the contacts, appointments, etc).
On your Windows XP-based PC, this is what you need to do:
1. Click on ‘Start’.
2. Open the ‘Control Panel’.
• If the Control Panel is in the ‘Classic View’, double-click on ‘Mail’.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click on ‘Show Profiles’.
4. On the General tab, under ‘When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile’, click on ‘Always use this profile’.
5. In the ‘Always use this profile’ list, select the profile that you want to use, and then click on ‘OK’.
Simple… wasn’t it? Now, using the same steps you can open up a different profile, if there is a need for that.
Microsoft Office 2007 products have been introduced to make your regular tasks easier and fun to do. Why should you not make it work as per your requirements and choice? Check out this solution video to enjoy a quick recall of the above mentioned steps…