Microsoft Outlook 2010: Open a specific e-mail profile in Windows 7
If you are particular about effectively managing your e-mail application, you can create different accounts on your Microsoft Outlook 2010 application. To make the program better suit your needs, you can also create separate e-mail profiles and let each profile individually handle your personal and professional communication like mails, account settings, and configuration details, etc. However, since the application is programmed to load up one specific profile, if you need to open another profile, you will have to follow the steps given below to complete the task.
If you are using a Windows 7-based PC, this is what you will need doing:
1. Click on ‘Start’.
2. Open the ‘Control Panel’.
• If Control Panel is in either “Large icons or “Small icons view, click on ‘Mail’.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click on ‘Show Profiles’.
4. On the General tab, under ‘When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile’, click on ‘Always use this profile’.
5. In the ‘Always use this profile’ list, select the profile that you want to use, and then click ‘OK’.
By following these five solution steps, you can open a particular e-mail profile, out of the many that you have created on your Microsoft Outlook 2010 application and carry out your tasks.
For you to enjoy a quick recap of the solution steps, we have for you a short video that you can check out. To watch it now, click on the window below: