How to rename your old Hotmail e-mail address to an Outlook.com address
Great! So, you have switched to Outlook.com, from your old Hotmail account, and are now looking for ways to revamp it? Well, one simple way to start off would be to rename your old Hotmail e-mail address and use a new name in that place. Don’t fret if you haven’t tried this ever. We have compiled for you the easy steps that you can follow to complete this task. Just read on to know them. However, before you go ahead with the renaming task, you ought to know that if you are using your Hotmail account credentials to login to your Microsoft account on your Windows Phone, renaming the account would require you to reset the Windows Phone. This may mean backing up a lot of data and also taking the risk of losing all the data that can’t be backed up or recovered.
If you still want to go ahead, here are the steps that you can follow:
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Go to the "www.outlook.com"Â webpage and login with your Hotmail account.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon on the top right corner of the window and then select ‘More mail settings’ from the list.
- Now click ‘Rename your e-mail address’ in the ‘Managing your account’ option.
- Type your e-mail address and make sure ‘Outlook.com’ is selected in the drop down.
- Click ‘Save’ and then login using your new Outlook e-mail address to setup your Outlook address.Â
Wasn’t the renaming process simple? Now that you have actually done it, or if you are decided that you will soon do it, how about creating a new folder on your inbox to store all your previous mails – mails that were there before you renamed your account? Won’t this make your life simpler?
For now, here is a short solution video that you can check out to enjoy a quick recall of the steps provided above: