Repair Unexpected Behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express on Windows XP (Part 2)
If your Microsoft Outlook Express is behaving in a way that it shouldn’t, then it’s nothing to worry about as the problem can be repaired quite easily on your Windows XP-based computer. Well, damaged or missed entries in the Windows registry can prevent Microsoft Outlook Express from being reorganized as the default e-mail client. In turn, this can cause odd and unusual behavior when replying to a newsgroup message or when clicking a link given in the e-mail on a Web page.
Such unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express can be repaired quite easily on your Windows XP-based computer. To do it now, you can follow our quick and easy solution steps mentioned right here and make the changes at the comfort of your home, office, or home office. So, what are waiting for? Start browsing the solution steps mentioned below and repair the unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express on Windows XP now.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to repair unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express on Windows XP:
To Re-register Outlook Express
1. Click on the “Start button and then click on Run
2. In the Open box, type: “msimn /reg and then click “OK
3. Open “Internet Explorer
4. In “Internet Explorer click “Internet Options on the “Tools menu
5. Click the “Programs tab and select “Outlook Express as the default e-mail client and as the default news client
6. Click “OK and close the window
1. Click on the “Start button, and then click “Run
2. In the Open box, type: “regsvr32 urlmon.dll and then click “OK
3. Click “OK on the popped window
4. Again click on “Start and then click “Run
5. In the Open Box type: “cmd and click “OK
6. On the command prompt window type: “regsvr32 mshtml.dll and press “ENTER
7. “regsvr32 shdocvw.dll and Press “ENTER
“regsvr32 browseui.dll and Press “ENTER
“regsvr32 msjava.dll and Press “ENTER
See, how easily you can repair unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express on your Windows XP based PC. All you need to do is follow our step-by-step solution and make the changes as mentioned in the article.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: