Repair unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express on Windows XP?
Wondering how unexpected behavior can affect your performance in Microsoft Outlook Express? Well, don’t get confused. Unexpected behavior of Microsoft Outlook Express can be repaired quite easily on your Windows XP-based computer. First, it is important to know that Microsoft Outlook Express is an e-mail and news client included by Internet Explorer. If you encounter any problems with Outlook Express on a regular basis and face difficulties in doing your work on time, then you need to repair or reinstall the basic Outlook Express program files.
The basic problem that affect the performance of Microsoft Outlook Express are, sluggish performance, accidental deletion of e-mails, unexpected system shut down, virus attacks, etc, which results in unexpected behavior in Outlook. To repair such unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express in your Windows XP based PC, you can go through our solution steps mentioned below. Here’s how you can repair the unexpected behavior of Microsoft Outlook Express on your Windows XP-based PC.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to repair unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express on Windows XP:
To delete the Temporary Internet Files:
1. Open “Internet Explorer
2. On the “Tools menu click on “Internet Options
3. In the “Browsing History panel, click “Delete button
4. In the “Delete Browsing History window, select the check box next to “Temporary Internet Files and click on “Delete
5. Click “OK
To compact all folders
1. In Outlook Express, in the File menu click on “Work Offline so that no new messages will be arriving
2. In the “Folder List click on Outlook Express so that no e-mail or news folder is open
3. Close the “Folder List by clicking the “X in the upper right-hand corner of the list panel
4. On the File menu, point to “Folder, and then click “Compact All Folders.
Didn’t you find these steps helpful? Well, you can always refer to our quick and easy steps and make changes as per your requirement whenever you want to repair unexpected behavior in Microsoft Outlook Express.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: