How to resolve the issue in Microsoft Outlook 2003 on Windows XP?
Attachments sent in the body of an e-mail message do not appear in Microsoft Outlook 2003, don’t worry! The issue can be resolved easily on your Windows XP-based computer.
When you send a Microsoft Outlook Rich Text formatted message in Microsoft Outlook with an attachment, the message is received in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) format and the attachment doesn’t appears in the body line. But, what can be solution to this problem.
Here is your solution. However, before moving to the solution steps, please remember that the attachments sent in the body may not be displayed if you have not specified for the contacts to use Outlook Rich Text format when sending to Internet recipients.
Now, see how you can fix this issue:
- Open Outlook 2003
- click on the “Contacts folder
- Open the contact for the person you sent the message with the attachment
- On the “General tab, double-click the resolved e-mail address in the “E-mail field
- In the “E-mail Properties dialog box, click the drop-down arrow for “Internet Format
- Click “Send using Outlook Rich Text Format
- Click “OK to close the “E-mail Properties dialog box
- Click “Save and Close to close the contact and save changes
See, how these simple steps can help you in fixing the problem where attachments sent in the body of an e-mail do not appear in Outlook 2003 on your Windows XP-based PC.