Turn grammar check and spell check on and off in Microsoft Outlook 2007
Are you using Microsoft Outlook 2007 on your Windows-based PC? Well then you must be really enjoying creating e-mails that look professional and well edited? Of course, with the built in tools available to help you produce polished mails – grammar check, spell check, et.al, there is hardly any scope left for you to worry about making the common typos while you are drafting the mail body. If, by default, the Spelling and AutoCorrection feature is not enabled on your PC, you can do so easily following the simple steps mentioned below.
Alternatively, if you are looking for steps to disable or turn off the Spelling and AutoCorrection feature that is enabled on your Microsoft Outlook 2007 application, you can find them here too.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. On the Tools menu, click on ‘Options’.
3. Click the ‘Spelling’ tab, and then click ‘Spelling and AutoCorrection’.
4. To turn the grammar check and spell check off, under “Proofing, click to clear the ‘Check spelling as you type’ and ‘Check grammar with spelling’ check boxes and then click ‘OK’.
5. Click ‘OK’ again.
6. Click ‘New’ and compose a new message.
7. After composing your message, you can see that your spelling and grammar mistakes are not highlighted.
8. Minimize the ‘Email’ window.
9. On the Tools menu, click on ‘Options’ again.
10. Click the ‘Spelling’ tab, and then click ‘Spelling and AutoCorrection’.
11. To turn the grammar check and spell check on, under ‘Proofing’, click to select the ‘Check spelling as you type’ and ‘Check grammar with spelling’ check boxes and then click ‘OK’.
12. Click ‘OK’ again.
13. Go the ‘Email’ window and it will highlight your spelling and grammar mistakes, now you can correct them.
If you have applied the above steps while reading them, you would have noticed that it was indeed a simple task. Therefore, keep the steps handy so that you can refer to them, at a later time when you may feel the need to have them turned on or off.
Check out the short solution video given below to better comprehend the above mentioned steps…