How to change the password of Windows Live Messenger?
Changing the password of Windows Live Messenger should be done on regular basis, especially to prevent other people from trying to decrypt it. It becomes all the more important to change the password when you use public or shared computers.
You can also maintain a habit of keeping a record of your passwords in an external folder in case you forget it. If you come across a situation when you forget the password, it is recommended to change it instead of going for some other solutions.
Here’s how you can change the password of Windows Live Messenger:
- Open ‘Internet Explorer’.
- Type www.live.com in address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- From the upper right-hand corner of the screen, select the drop down arrow next to user name.
- Select ‘Account’ from the drop down list.
- Under ‘Account Security’, click ‘Change’ next to ‘Password’.
- Enter your old password, enter a new password, and then confirm your new password.
- Consider selecting the checkbox to make your password expire every 72 days.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button
- That's it! You should see a message saying ‘Your information has been saved’.
This is how you can change the password of Windows Live Messenger with some of our simple steps. Don’t you think the above mentioned steps are easy to understand and apply them on your system? You can further simplify the process with our supporting video solution that is posted below.