How to Fix Windows live Mail Error id 0x800ccc0e
So, you are trying to connect to your e-mail provider’s server, but unable to continue because your Windows Live Mail has suddenly incurred an error called 0x800ccc0e? Well, this is quite common that your Windows Live Mail comes up with error ID 0x800ccc0e that unable an application to connect to a mail server.
However, the question is do you know what this error is or how does it occur? Just in case you don’t know what this error is all about and how to fix it on your own, let’s tell you that this error code is very similar to other errors including XP_E_FAILED_TO_CONNECT, which prevent you to connect to the mail server. However, you can make your life easy with the help of error codes that Microsoft has build into its software to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
The mail server you use is responsible for retrieving, storing, and sending e-mail messages and if you want your Windows Live Mail to receive and send e-mail, then you must make it clear as to what special parameters it requires to communicate with the programs.
You can fix the Windows Live Mail error 0x800ccc0e through following ways:
Before you start the process to resolve this issue, check if you are able to communicate with your mail server from current location, and then
- Press Windows Key together by clicking R Key.
- It will open RUN window on your screen.
- Now, type CMD in the box, and then click OK. This will bring up the Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, type ‘telnet smtpmailserver.domain.com 25’.
Note: smtpmailserver here is a name of your e-mail provider and domain is the domain of your mail server. For example- If you have a StarRunner Internet connection and you live in Eastern Tier of New York, then the code should be telnet smtp-server.etny.sr.com 25
Once you connect to the mail server you are dealing with, you can check the e-mail server settings in Windows Live Mail.
The steps to check Windows Live Mail Server settings are:
- At the Windows Live Mail window, right click e-mail account, and then click Properties.
- On the Properties windows, go to General tab, and then move to User Information to check that your e-mail address and other information are correct.
- Make sure that ‘Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing’ is checked.
- Once you check everything, click on Server tab.
Note: This tab may appear different for different e-mail server. So, if you connect to your e-mail account using SMTP and POP3 servers, make sure that the two servers are correct and their address is in the Incoming mail box.
While the POP3 e-mail server should be in ‘pop3server.domain.com’ form, the SMTP mail server should be in ‘smtpmailserver.domain.com’ form
- Lastly, go to the Incoming mail server section of the Servers tab, and Â check that your E-mail Username and Password are correct
- Click OK
The steps above can help you resolve the Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc0e very easily, however, you might have to check whether other e-mail settings are specific to your e-mail provider or not. As many a times a user needs to connect to their e-mail provider’s servers using a different security and certificates settings.
So, the next time error 0x800ccc0e prevents you from connecting to a mail server, don’t waste time looking for the solution to just anywhere on Internet, simply browse through our solution section and check for the solution to your problem instantly.