E-mail account configuration on BlackBerry® Smartphone made trouble free
BlackBerry Smartphone is not only an eye candy but, importantly, also among the most advanced and feature-rich mobile phones available today. If you own a BlackBerry Smartphone, you would agree to the fact that it has some of the most advanced computing capabilities and connectivity options. To make the most of this Smartphone, you need to install applications and add-ons that are well suited and are of the latest version. When it comes to applications for BlackBerry, an e-mail client is a must-have. But, what is a cause of concern here is that many of us are not very familiar with the process of configuring an e-mail account on BlackBerry Smartphone.
Properly configuring the e-mail account will keep issues to a minimum and help you access your e-mails easily. The process is a bit tricky, but we will try to help you configure an e-mail account without any trouble.
Steps for configuring the e-mail account on BlackBerry Smartphone:
- In the main menu, select the ‘Set-up’ tab and then the 'E-mail Settings' tab in the menu that follows
- This will prompt the Internet Settings to open a window where you need to enter your BlackBerry Internet Service username and password
- The details you enter will be tallied with those registered at the service provider’s server. Upon verification, you will be taken to the e-mail management screen where you can enter your existing e-mail account, if you have one, which you want to configure. Press ‘Add’ to continue
- You will get a list of available e-mail services like Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, and Hotmail to select from. If the e-mail services that you are looking for is missing, there are options to add details of the account manually for configuring it on to your device. Then, press ‘Next’
- You will get a screen where you are required to fill in two fields respectively for the e-mail address and the password. To continue, press the ‘Next’ button
- Here you will be prompted to authenticate the origin of the e-mail account. Indicate whether it is a personal e-mail account or an official e-mail account
- In the next step, you need to enter details associated with e-mail configuration: E-mail address, Username, Password and lastly the E-mail Server Address. Once you have correctly entered the required details, press ‘Next’
- Once the details are verified, the e-mail account will be configured. You will get an SMS alert for confirmation.
If you correctly follow the steps described here, your e-mail account will be configured smoothly on your BlackBerry Smartphone. It will take about 30 minutes for the device to synchronize with the server. Once that is done, you are all set to work with your e-mail account.