E-mail IP Address to discover the originating location of any e-mail
Is your mailbox overflowing with spam and infected messages and you can’t take it anymore? At times, you may wish to burst your fury on the senders, but keep your cool somehow as you don’t know about the location of the senders of such mails. How about getting the location of such spammers? Now there are ways to deal with such software spammers. Find the locations of the malicious spammers and report to the appropriate authority about their locations to avoid further irritation for you and many others experiencing the same.
This process is not only useful to track spammers, but it can also help you to track prospective business clients too and deal with them according to their native habit and temperaments. Thus, your approach can be defensive as well as constructive from business perspective.
Let us learn the way to find location of mailers in your Gmail account:
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Open the e-mail for which you need to seek the originating location.
- Now click on the ‘Drop down’ arrow appearing at the right of the ‘Reply’ link and select ‘Show original’
- This leads to the technical part. Now find the text lines starting with ‘Received from’
- Press ‘Ctrl+F’ to seek the phrase automatically, but remember to select the final ‘Received from’ entry from the list.
- There can be numerous IP addresses in this section, but the actual IP address of the sender can be tracked as you proceed towards the bottom of the text.
Now, you need to find the location of the sender through the IP Address. For this, you can take the help of online programs, such as What Is My IP Address. The tool helps you to get the detailed map of the territory in which the IP address is actually located.
So, through simple steps, you can easily avoid your mailbox from turning into a spam bin.