Gmail®, Google™ Calendar to get a facelift
Do you love spending quality time chit-chatting with your friends and family? Are you an out-and-out Gmail Pro and find it comparatively more accessible and easier to use in comparison to the other e-mail browsers? Here is a news to keep you glued to the popular communication hub, Gmail for years to follow.
Gmail needs no introduction. By far it has emerged to be one of the most preferred online message services with more than 200 million account holders. But to keep the craze intact, Gmail will be re-modeled in a much appealing design. Along with Gmail, Google has announced to redefine Google Calendar and Google Apps to offer users a more interesting approach. Gmail is a favorite not only for its functionality but also for its commendable expansibility.
On tweaks been disclosed to Google Search and Google Maps, the Google fraternity has decided upon updating numerous interfaces to clear out the clutter. Google has approached its users for testing the dual new themes in the ‘Themes’ tab under the Gmail setting, namely- a ’Dense’ preview and ‘Regular’ preview.
Before the above experiment materialized, users were also offered to fabricate a make-over for the Google Calendar. The significant modifications can be cataloged as under:
- The Quick Add function is placed under the down arrow just beside the ‘Create’ button. You can find your Quick add feature help to pop out on the due date of any new event recorded with the calendar.
- Under My Calendars option ‘Calendars’ selected and Other Calendars lists would no more appear in a colored background; though, the arrows next to them would appear colorful. It would help you categorize and organize various events for different family members created by yourself.
- The ‘Print’ and ‘Refresh’ buttons are considered as icons and no longer as text links.
- Once the event is staged, the Visual Indicator icons would appear.
- The My Calendars and Other Calendars lists appearing on the left are now shrunken by default and may be enlarged by the use of small gray arrow.
- Under the ‘Create’ button, the Mini Month View calendar can be minimized by the use of the small gray arrow.
- The Event page displays the ‘Save’ and ‘Discard’ buttons and ‘Back to Calendar’ link at the top and not at the bottom.
If you find modifications unappealing, you can simply click on ‘Gear’ icon and choose the ‘Classic’ look.
Google Apps is a linkage associating the Gmail, Google Calendar and various other apps together into a clean cloud computing environment. Along with the above changes, this summer, Google Apps is also reported to undergo a transition. Through the Rapid Release track, initially the Google Apps users are allowed to access the updates and eventually the organizations listed under the Scheduled Release track can try their hand.