Make your Mailbox Spam Proof
Everyone receives e-mails that have irritating and unnecessary advertisements of unwanted products and services. These unsolicited e-mails bug you and offer to sell you goods and services which you might not need but which are luring enough. Then, there are spam mails of fraudsters asking you to claim your lottery amount which you probably wouldn't have even played or some mails to increase some of your physical assets with some special treatments. In spite of knowing that all this is hoax, many of you might have clicked on the links attached and ended up getting a spy-ware and virus on your computer.
These spam mails can be obscene, misleading and irritating in the long run, as they flood your mail box every day. Hence, before proceeding to click on another one of those tempting links, follow these tips to protect yourself from landing in a fix.
Tips to prevent spam:
- Keep two different e-mail id: Keep your personal e-mail for only your friends and family and use an alternate e-mail for public forums and registrations or subscriptions. Even if you get spam in the other e-mail, it will be easier to sort through to find the important e-mails.
- Register for online subscriptions carefully: You need to watch out for those check boxes. If these say click on the box with the message “you want to receive special offers and promotions, then don’t click on it as you are openly inviting spam by agreeing to it. Just disagree to any such promotional offer.
- Don’t reply to spam mail: Replying to a spam mail is in a sense an official invitation to the spammer to send in more such E-mails as you are clearly signaling that your e-mail id is active and valid. Simply delete the spam mail.
- Don’t open attachments from unknown people: Attachments and links from untrustworthy sources might infect your computer with a malware. Although these attachments and links might be tempting, just ignore them as they are meant to trick you and lure you to open them.
- Use e-mail spam filters or anti spam filters: The spam filters help in blocking the e-mails from unknown spammer addresses, obscene content and mails from suspicious addresses. These filters also protect your e-mail from any kind of spy-ware and viruses and are hence a protective shield for it.