It is time to be proud if you hold a Gmail account. Gmail has an exceptional attribute known as Gmail Labs, which is a creative ground to augment the e-mail service. The developers of Gmail have released new features for you to test. However, you can trust on these features, as for most of the time they work without any problem whatsoever.
The Gmail team stays busy developing these features and if you have not tried Gmail Labs yet, it is time to explore them now. Let us have a look at ten most amazing Labs you would like to enable on your Gmail account:
• Messages Sneak Peek – Just right-click on any message and you can see its contents in a flash, without the need to open it anymore.
• Preview Pane – Once you open a mail, you are taken away from the list of mails. This feature helps you to see the details of the mail in the other half of the screen while the former half still shows the message list. Outlook users are quite familiar with this.
• Undo Send – This is another cool feature. In case you’ve sent the mail to a wrong recipient, or in case you want to modify the contents of the message you’ve just sent, you just need to click on the Undo Send button. By doing this you can stop the mail from getting delivered.
• Mark as Read Button – Do not get tired of clicking the More Actions menu to mark messages as read, every time. Enable this feature for a quick custom button to get displayed right on the Inbox page.
• Canned Responses – Gmail nicknames this lab as ‘e-mail for truly lazy’. Just create and save common or customized messages in the form of templates and hit the canned response button in the Compose page.
• SMS (text messaging in chat) – This lab lets you send and receive text messages right from the Chat mode.
• Video chat enhancements – It enables higher resolution and bigger window for video chatting. Your HD webcam would be happier now.
• Background Send – Gmail would simply send mails at your wish while you are busy doing something else, just stay logged in.
• Inbox preview – Do not wait for the page to load up, to know about new mails and their subject-lines. This lab shows you a static image of your inbox as soon as you login, and even if you are on a slow connection.
• Create a Document – This lab allows you to create a Google document from an e-mail conversation. All you need to do is to enable the Create a document lab.
To enable the labs you want, just click on the Settings icon on the top right side of your Gmail window. Select Labs and choose to enable the features you want, then hit the Save button at the bottom. Simple, isn’t it?
With these wonderful Labs, you would certainly be delighted using Gmail. Those days are gone when e-mail used to be the same old story.