Cannot Forward Emails in Outlook? Here’s What You Need to Do!
Are you having problems forwarding emails in Outlook?
When you try forwarding e-mails, many times you may receive error messages like “Outlook errors”, “Invalid XML errors”, etc. The occurrence of these errors directly means that there is some trouble with the functioning of Outlook. In such cases you have to check whether the errors are displaying only with the e-mails you are trying to forward or it is with all the e-mails you trying to send.
In some cases these kinds of error messages may display when there are corrupt attachments with the e-mail. To fix this, you will have to access the Outlook’s inbox repair tool to scan the corrupt files.
Steps to follow to fix errors when you cannot forward an e-mail
To fix this, you can apply the steps as follows:
- Reboot the system and launch Outlook. Now, try forwarding the e-mail again. In some cases, just a reboot of the system can fix temporary errors that Outlook may have.
- Try sending the same e-mail to a different contact person. Make sure that the e-mail you are sending does not have any attachment. If you receive the same error while sending the e-mail, then it’s sure that you have problems with Outlook and not with the particular e-mail. In this case you have to run the Outlook repair tool.
- Close Outlook in your system.
- Now, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. It is located in the C drive of your computer.
- In order to launch the Outlook repair tool, double click on scanpst.exe file.
- Now to search for the Outlook.pst file. Select it. Normally, the file is located in the C drive of a computer in the following folder C:\Users\ (Your User Name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
- To begin the scanning process, select Start.
With this process, the corrupt Outlook files that create problems while forwarding an e-mail will be detected and repaired automatically.
Wasn’t that easy? Follow these simple steps and the corrupt files of your Outlook application will be repaired using the Outlook inbox repair tool. If the problem still persists or you have any other queries regarding Outlook, call iYogi technical experts.