Clear Microsoft Outlook 2007 Search History
Microsoft Outlook logs records of most recently used (MRU) search history items to enable you to quickly access them. However, for certain reasons you might want to get rid of this search history list. Do you also want to clear MRU from your Microsoft Outlook application? Here is what you need to know before you begin clearing this list.
There are two different kind of MRU lists that can be found with Microsoft Outlook. While some lists are associated to the general Outlook configuration, other lists are to a specific mail profile you created with Microsoft Outlook. Make sure you have removed the related registry key when Outlook application is closed before clearing MRU list. If you find it difficult to clear this MRU search history list on your own, then follow these easy to follow tips to do it without any difficulty.
1. Open ‘Microsoft Office Outlook 2007’.
2. Go to the ‘Tool’ menu at the top of the window.
3. Select ‘Options’ from the drop down list.
4. Click on the ‘Search Options’ button to open another pop-up window with additional search settings.
5. Uncheck the box next to ‘Display search results as I type when possible’. This will clear the existing search history and also prevent Outlook from storing search history again until you turn this feature on again.
6. Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘OK again.
Do you find these steps too complicated? Click and watch this video while you try these steps to clear search history on Microsoft Outlook 2007.