Fix Enter Network Password Prompt
While you are working on your Microsoft Outlook suite, you may often be prompted to enter the network password. This can be pretty annoying as no matter what you do, this prompt would keep appearing continually.
So, what would you do? Ignore the urgent mails you had to respond to and close the application or look for simple fixes online? If you are game for the second option, here’s what you could do to get rid of the frustrating “Enter Network Password” prompt once and for all.
- Open the Outlook application.
- Go to the ‘Tools’ option and thereafter on ‘Send/Receive’.
- In this, go to the ‘Define Send/Receive Groups’ option.
- On the All Accounts option, de-select the box next to ‘Schedule an automatic Send/Receive’.
This will typically put an end to the prompt from popping up on your screen. However, this will also halt the feature that automatically checks mails that have been received in your mailbox. So, if you want this feature to work, you will work around a simple tweak.
- In the ‘Tools’ option, go to ‘Account Settings’.
- Double click on the e-mail account and type in the account password in the required field.
- Check the box near the ‘Remember Password’ option and then click ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’.
This trick should work efficiently and you shouldn’t hereafter be bothered with the prompt anymore. However, if the Outlook user database is corrupted, you will again see the prompts flashing your screen. If you are a novice user, you may find fixing this issue little complex as it will require you to work on the Registry Editor. Don’t worry as yet; just call iYogi on our toll free number and our tech expert who we have especially lined up for this task will instantly start to work on it.