How to Recall Messages in Microsoft Outlook 2013?
Microsoft Outlook 2013 is widely used application for both personal and professional communication purposes. So if you have sent an email to your boss and then realize that there is a blunder, you can recall the message. For example, if you forgot to make the required attachment or a typo mistake, then it’s really embarrassing, then it is best to use recall option to recall and rectify the message. Luckily, in Microsoft Outlook 2013, you will find this ‘Recall Sent Message’ feature. This feature helps you to retrieve sent messages from the recipient’s inbox.
Here are few steps to show you how to recall your sent messages:
- Go to ‘Sent Message’ Folder: After a message is sent and you realize there’s a mistake and you don’t want the recipient to read the message then quickly locate the ‘Sent Message’ folder in your mail box.
- Double click on the message you want to retrieve: After you have located the message in Sent Message folder, double click on the message you wish to recall back. Doing this will open the message in a new window. At the top of the message there will be options in a dedicated ribbon.
- Locate Move Section and click ‘Actions’: Click on Actions that is located at the Move Section in the top center of the window.
- Click on Recall Message: Clicking on the ‘Recall Message’ will open an alert message.
- Select the Delete Unread Copies of this Message: After you click on the recall message option, it will open an alert message. There will be two options:
- Delete Unread Copies of this Message – Select this if you wish to simply delete the sent message from the recipient’s inbox.
- Delete Unread Copies and replace with a new message – Select this if you wish to fix the typo mistake or any other error. Selecting this will open your message in edit mode.
- Click Ok: Click on ‘Ok’ option after you have checked the box saying “Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient”. This will inform you about the status of the recall message, whether it’s successful or failed.
There are times when message recall is not successful. It is because of these reasons:
- The recipient of the message is not using Microsoft Outlook.
- The recipient is working offline.
- The original message has been moved from the inbox.
- The original message has been opened and marked read.
The recall message in Microsoft Outlook 2013 works on the basis of how quickly you react. Unfortunately it depends on the reader of the message that determines the success of the recall message feature.