Import E-mail accounts with .iaf files in Microsoft® Outlook 2007
Have you upgraded Microsoft Outlook 2000 to Microsoft Outlook 2007? Well, you may benefit from other advanced features of Microsoft Outlook 2007 which were not included in 2000 version, but, there is also a disadvantage that you have to bear with. Microsoft Outlook 2000 supports importing and exporting Internet Mail Account settings saved as Internet Account File or (.IAF) format. Sadly, this feature is not obtainable on Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2003. Hence, you may face this error message stating that you cannot import or export e-mail accounts with .IAF files in Outlook. But, there is a solution to this problem. Yes, you can import Internet Account File or .iaf files by using Internet Connection Wizard.
How to start importing e-mail accounts with .iaf files in Microsoft Outlook 2007?
When you are using Internet Connection Wizard to import .iaf files in Microsoft Outlook 2007, you may see some duplicate e-mails in the account. Do you want to remove these or want to retain these duplicate mails? Select your option accordingly. After you select an option, you will notice all the files imported to the Microsoft Outlook 2007 inbox.
Quick steps to import e-mail accounts with .iaf files in Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Access Microsoft Outlook 2007 on your PC.
- Go to ‘File’ menu option from the top left corner.
- When the drop-down menu plummets, select ‘Options’ and from there, select ‘Import Internet Mail Account Settings’.
- Now, you will be able to access Internet Connection Wizard dialog box.
- Select ‘Next’ button.
- Choose the e-mail account from your PC from where you want to import .iaf files.
- Select the box next to ‘Import mail’.
- Click ‘Next’ option.
- Here you need to decide if you want to retain or remove any duplicate e-mail file.
- Once you have made the selection, click ‘Finish’ to finish importing .iaf files to your Microsoft Outlook 2007 inbox.
Do you find this information and tips on importing .iaf files to Microsoft Outlook 2007 useful? Drop your comments below or share your tips with us.