Microsoft Outlook 2010: Steps to Change Account Settings
You are looking for the easiest way in which you can change the e-mail account settings in your favorite application Microsoft Outlook 2010? Well, you don’t need to look anywhere else – you have arrived at just the right place!
However, if you are not aware of how you can access the Account Settings in the application, refer to the below points first before you move on to making the changes. If you are a beginner or are yet to explore the features and options available in the application, you may find it tough to reach to the Account Settings option.
Below are the steps that you can refer to, to complete the task. Here you go…
- Access the File tab.
- Click on the "Account Settings" option and from the dropdown that will now appear, click on "Account Settings" option again.
To do further changes to your account settings, refer to the steps below and pick whichever is relevant to your case:
- In the "Account Settings", hit the ‘Exchange Account’ and then click on "Change".
- To turn "On" or "Off" the Cached Exchange Mode, select or de-select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
To Change Your Account Name -
- Go to the "Exchange Account" option and click on the "General" tab under it.
- Enter the name that would best suit your account - Office Mails, Personal Mails, etc.
ToÂ Change Your E-mail Address –
- In the "Account Settings" option, click on the "Account Settings"option from the dropdown (refer to the above).
- Select the particular account where you want to change the e-mail address.
- Go to the "User Information" option and select the "E-mail Address" box.
- Enter the complete e-mail address assigned to you by your administrator.
- Go to "More Settings" and click on the "General" tab.
- Specify an e-mail address in the "Reply e-mail address" box.
To Change the Security Settings -
- Go to the "Security" tab and click on the "Security Settings".
- Do whatever changes you are required to do here.
Be careful while modifying the security settings as this may make your application vulnerable to e-threats.
We hope the above mentioned steps were helpful to you and you could complete your task. You can easily print the above steps and keep them handy to refer to them whenever you are required to roll back the changes or access the settings to do some other changes. In the meantime if you need to know any other information on your Microsoft Outlook 2010 application, visit the different sections of this website for easy solutions to your issues.
Image Source-Â http://www.addictivetips.com