Tired of getting Spam emails? Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Get all your email problems fixed that too at a comprehensive price!!
How to Fix Outlook 2010 Disconnected Status?
Microsoft Outlook 2010 is a more solid and robust e-mail client than its predecessor. However, the application is not immune to errors and issues. One such issue is Microsoft Outlook 2010 getting disconnected repeatedly. You may notice disconnected status of Microsoft Outlook 2010 and fail to send and receive mails. There are few probable reasons why such issues occur to Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Reasons of Microsoft Outlook 2010 disconnected issue
The disconnected status of Microsoft Outlook 2010 could be triggered by connectivity problems or power management options. It will notify you of a disconnected issue and will ask you to troubleshoot the problem. Problems related to connectivity and power management problems with Microsoft Outlook 2010 can be solved by performing the following steps.
Steps to Troubleshoot the Issue
- First, Restart your computer.
- Check the “internet connection” of the computer.
- Go to “Send/Receive” tab and check if the “Work Offline” option is selected.
- Close Outlook and Open “Control Panel”.
- In Control Panel Double Click the ‘Mail 32-bit’ icon.
- Next, click “Email Account” option.
- Here, you can add or remove an e-mail account.
- Make sure you have selected “Use Cached Exchange Mode”.
- Now, under the “Connection” tab, select “Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP”.
- Select the “Exchange Proxy Settings” Button.
- Make sure you have selected ‘On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then using TCP/IP’ and ‘On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then using TCP/IP’ options.
- Press “Ok”, “Finish” and “Close” in every dialogue box.
Fix the Issue Using Power Management Tools-
- Select “Network and Internet” from “Control Panel”.
- Find and click “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Select “Manage Network Connections”.
- Right-click on the default or existing network.
- Find “Properties “ and key in the administrator password if it is password .
- Go back to Windows desktop and click “Restart” from Start menu.
- Double-click Microsoft Outlook 2010 to test its connection problem.
Do you find these steps to troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook 2010 disconnected status problem effective and useful? Drop your comment or share steps of resolving this issue.
Image Source- https://mysite.uchicago.edu