Remove Duplicate Files in Microsoft Outlook 2013
One common problem for any Outlook 2013 user is having the same message with multiple copies. What makes things worse is the difficulty in locating and removing such emails from Outlook 2013 safely and fast.
Let’s take a look at why duplicate files appear in Outlook 2013 and how to remove them.
5 Reasons why duplicate emails appear in Outlook
1. You received multiple copies of the same mail from the recipient group.
2. Incorrect or incomplete sync with a mobile or laptop
3. Duplicate emails are also created by server error. If you leave the option “Leave Messages on the Server” activated, then problem can occur.
4. Incorrect configuration of Outlook rules, like two or more ‘move a copy to’ rules are applied.
5. Merger of many PST files into one can also lead to duplicate emails in Outlook 2013.
How to delete duplicate emails in Outlook
There is no tool that Microsoft has to remove duplicate files in Outlook 2013. However, there are few free tools to remove duplicate emails. Here is how they work.
1. Download the free toolbar, ‘Duplicate Killer’.
2. Once the Duplicate Killer is installed on Outlook 2013, a new toolbar will be added to Outlook.
3. You will find a new Duplicate Killer button added to the main Outlook toolbar, under the ‘Home’ tab.
4. Select the folder in which you want to search for duplicate emails.
5. Click the ‘Duplicate Killer Quick Wizard’ button on the Duplicate Killer Toolbar.
6. Select ‘Duplicate Killer Quick Wizard’ on the Outlook Actions or Edit menu.
7. You should be able to see the welcome screen now.
8. Click on Run Wizard to identify the duplicate step-by-step processing options.
9. Select properties to compare item in the selected folder.
10. Select what is to be identified as original email.
11. Select action for what needs to be done for duplicate emails. Here are the options:
a. Select ‘compare and merge’ for an automatic merger.
b. Categorize all duplicates with a category.
c. Search for duplicates in distribution lists.
d. If the contacts folder was selected, then look for duplicate emails in the distribution list.
e. Select the option, ‘show duplicates before processing’ to view duplicates.
12. Once you have selected all options, click the ‘Start’ button.
If you are unable to remove duplicate files in Microsoft Outlook 2013, then give us a call. Our technicians can assist you to fix the problem in no time.