How to Fix Outlook Integration Error
"Outlook Integration Error" message occurs when you use Microsoft Office Communicator or Microsoft Office Communicator R2. If the e-mail address used in the default Microsoft Outlook profile is different from that of the e-mail address used in Microsoft Communicator, then you receive the "Outlook Integration Error" message. This issue is mainly caused due to the communicator e-mail comparison check. If the Simple Mail Transfer (SMTP) address of the user does not match to the one in the Microsoft Office Outlook profile, you will receive the "Outlook Integration Error" message. You can avoid this error by simply disabling the e-mail comparison check in Microsoft Office Communicator.
Following are the ways to fix and tips to keep in mind about the "Outlook Integration Error":
- Using Registry Editor
- Using Group Policy Object Editor
- Tips to keep in mind
Using Registry Editor
Follow below steps for using registry editor,
1. From the 'Start menu', click the 'Run' option.
2. Type "regedit" in open box and press "Enter"Â locate the registry.
3. Right Click the requiredÂ registry subkey command.
4. Click the "DWORD" value after pointing to the "New" option.
5. You need to click on the "DisableEmailComparisonCheck", type in the 'Value' data box and then click "OK".
6. Finally, you can exit from the Registry Editor.
Using Group Policy Object Editor
Firstly, download and install the package of Microsoft Communicator Documentation Policies.
1. Click Start and open Run Box.
2. Type 'gpedit.msc' and press "Enter".
3. In 'Group Policy Object Editor' use "Computer Configuration" and In right-click 'Administrative Templates'. Then select 'Add/Remove Templates' from the 'All Tasks' option.
4. From the 'Add/Remove Templates' dialog box, click 'Add.
5. Find the 'Communicator.adm' file in the 'Policy Templates' dialog box, and click 'Open'.
6. disable 'E-mail Comparison Check' for Outlook PIM Integration and select 'Enabled' option to click 'OK'.
7. After these steps, close the 'Group Policy Object Editor'.
Tips to Keep in Mind
Ensure that e-mail address used in the default Microsoft Outlook profile must be same as that of the e-mail address used in Microsoft Office Communicator so that you can avoid receiving the "Outlook Integration Error" message. You can also avoid this error by simply disabling the 'E-mail Comparison Check'. You may get problems if you change the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps to fix the "Outlook Integration Error" message carefully.