3 Simple yet Effective Solutions to Resolve ‘Loading Profile’ error in Microsoft Outlook 2013
Do you face any of these issues while opening your Outlook 2013, the largest mail client from Microsoft – hangs, freezes or gets stuck while loading profile? The issue is not that big, but if it’s not given timely repair, it might affect your mailbox. So, before it gets too late, it is important to look out for appropriate fixes for it.
Here are the possible fixes that you can apply to get over the loading profile issue of your Microsoft Outlook 2013:
Outlook 2013 getting stuck at startup and flashing loading profile message on the screen can also appear due to certain errors, which just need to be scanned and repaired. So, to resolve the issue here, you can scan your Outlook pst file for errors. To scan and repair the corrupted pst file, you can use the ScanPST tool. Here’s the step-by-step solution:
- Go to the location of Scanpst.exe for your Microsoft Outlook 2013 (location for 32-bit and 64-bit is same) – ‘C:Program Files Microsoft OfficeOffice15’.
- Open the Scanpst.exe and browse for the file that you want to scan (by default, Scanpst.exe will find the location) and hit the ‘Start’ button.
- Now, Scanpst will check the pst file for errors.
- Once, the scan is finished, hit on ‘Repair’ button to repair the pst file (also, by default, it will create the pst backup file).
- Click ‘OK’ as the pst file repair process completes.
Now, you should be able to open the Outlook 2013 without any issues.
If the Solution 1 fails to make your Outlook 2013 work smoothly, you can give a try to the solution 2. Here, you can delete the default profile and try to re-create the new profile. Here are the steps for the same:
- If you are using Windows 8 and later versions, Press Win key and type ‘Mail’ in the search box.
- Next, the Mail Setup – Outlook window will open up on your screen, hit the ‘Show Profiles’ button and ‘Close’ the box.
- In the next step, ‘Mail’ box will open up, Select the profile ‘Outlook’, and hit the ‘Remove’ button and select the new profile from the below list and check the box ‘always use this profile’.
- Click OK.
Now, try to start your Microsoft Outlook with new profile, it should not face any issues while loading the profile.
If the above solutions fail to fix the loading profile issue of your Outlook 2013, you consider uninstalling the software completely from your PC, and re-installing it. Re-installation of Microsoft Outlook 2013 might take some time, but it will help you in fixing the problem.
These are the three solutions that you as a user can try applying on your PC to reach the desired solution. These solutions will definitely help you fix the loading profile issue of your Microsoft Outlook 2013.