Simple Steps to Backup E-Mails on Microsoft Outlook
Do you backup your important documents regularly? Does this backup schedule also include your e-mails and other details such as appointments and contacts? If you are answering in the negative, it is sure a matter of worry.
As a regular PC user, you should cultivate the habit of regularly taking a backup of all your important digital data as this is the only way to minimize the loss in the case of an eventuality – files going corrupt, files getting deleted or manipulated, and even in the case of the application or operating system crashing down. It doesn’t take you forever to backup a file; you can complete the task in a jiffy and the same holds true even for your e-mails saved in the Microsoft Outlook application. Yes, your e-mails and contacts are significant data too and they also require your attention and getting backed up timely. For your perusal, we have compiled for you here information and solution steps regarding backing up e-mails on the Microsoft Outlook application. So, here you go.
This is one of the shortest and the easiest methods to back up important e-mails. It just requires you to set up the feature once and thereafter it will take the onus of archiving all your e-mails itself. To set it up, this is what needs to be done:
- Go to the Menu bar and select the ‘Tools’ tab.
- Scroll down to ‘Options’ at the bottom of the tab.
- In the new window that will now open, click on the ‘Other’ tab (the one at the extreme right).
- Click on the ‘AutoArchive’ option and in the window that will now open, you will find that the default settings have already been set.
- You can modify the selections and allow Microsoft Outlook to auto backup (archive) all your folders and sub folders as and when you want it.
Backup E-mails to a .pst Folder
This is also a pretty handy method and simple too. However, this is a manual method and will require you to replicate the same steps, each time you want to backup e-mails to a .pst folder – also known as Personal Folders.
- Go to the File menu and click on the "Import and Export" option.
- Click on the "Export to a file" option and then click on "Next".
- Select the folder that you want to backup and if you want to include the sub folders too (in case it has one), click on the "Include sub-folders" option.
- Click on "Next".
- Go to under the "Save Exported File As" option and then click on "Browse".
- Identify the location that you want to save the backup file in and provide a name for the backed up file.
At this point in the solution, you can also set your preference in the Microsoft Outlook application by allowing it to:
Replace duplicate files with the exported items
Allow duplicate files to be separately created
Prevent duplicate files from the folder from getting copied
We hope that by following the above two methods, you are able to backup all your Microsoft Outlook e-mails effortlessly. However, if you are still facing difficulty doing the same or while following the steps given above, you can dial our toll free number and let an iYogi tech expert complete the backup task for you. We are available 24x7 and our technicians can help you instantly. So, keep the above steps and our toll free number handy…