Easy Tips to Setup Outlook 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2013 is available as a part of Microsoft Office suite. This application serves as personal contact manager widely used in personal and business communications across the world. Microsoft Outlook helps you send and receive data securely through e-mail.
Initially was just an e-mail based service, Microsoft has improvised and added many new features to Microsoft Outlook to enhance its performance. Now Microsoft Outlook 2013 brings you easy access to your e-mail, calendar, task, notes and instant messaging as well. Here, you will get smart tips and tricks on how to configure Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Steps to setup Microsoft Outlook 2013 –
- Click on ‘Start menu’ or press ‘Windows’ key.
- Go to ‘Programs’ in the list and look for ‘Microsoft Office’.
- Click on ‘Microsoft Office’ and select ‘Microsoft Outlook’ from the list, Microsoft Outlook startup wizard will start.
- Click ‘Next’ on the first page of the startup wizard.
- As you reach ‘E-mail account page’ select ‘Yes’ and click on ‘Next’ button to setup an e-mail account.
- Based on your computer login details, Microsoft Outlook may automatically fill in your details like name and e-mail address. If you want to setup Microsoft Outlook 2013 with the same details; click ‘Next’. If the details on the ‘Auto Account Setup’ page is incorrect then -
- Change the required field information and click on ‘Next’.
- But if the name in ‘Your Name’ field isn’t correct and you wish to reset the options.
- Click ‘Next’ button to ‘Manually configure server settings’ or ‘additional server types’.
- Once you have made all the changes, click the ‘Option’ button next to ‘e-mail account’.
- Once you have clicked the ‘Next’ button on the ‘Auto Account Setup’ page, Microsoft Outlook will run an online search to find your e-mail server settings. Now, you will be asked for your ‘user name’ and ‘password’.
- On this page, enter your ‘User Information’ such as your name and e-mail address. Then in ‘Server information, enter following information-
- Select ‘Account type’ as ‘POP3’
- ‘Incoming mail server as pop3.username.xyz.com
- ‘Outgoing mail server’ as smtp.xyz.com
Now, provide ‘Logon Information’ like ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ and select ‘Deliver message to’: ‘New Outlook Data File’.
As soon as you have successfully setup Microsoft Outlook 2013 account, a message will appear saying ‘Congratulations! Your e-mail account is successfully configured and ready to use’. Now, click on ‘Finish’ button to exit setup window.
With these quick and easy to follow steps, you can successfully configure Microsoft Outlook 2013. These tips will help you get started with one of the best and secure e-mail based service that has a lot to offer to keep you connected and going.