Tired of getting Spam emails? Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Get all your email problems fixed that too at a comprehensive price!!
Unable to Open Hyperlinks in Outlook 2010
Microsoft Outlook 2010 is the latest e-mail client program from Microsoft. But, it is possible to get some issues with the applications. The most possible issues that could occur while using Microsoft Outlook 2010 are the hyperlinks not working issue. The issue can come in the system due to a number of reasons. The most possible reason behind the issue may be the recently incompatible Windows updates installed in the system. The installation or uninstallation of browser may get the hyperlink not working in Microsoft Outlook 2010 issue. Some recently installed add-ons are also said to be reasons for Microsoft Outlook 2010 hyperlinks not working issue. Some Microsoft Outlook plugins or add-ons may also result in the issue. The aggressive using of Windows Registry cleaners may also result in the same issue.
Here are some tips to fix the no hyperlinks in Microsoft Outlook 2010 work issue:
- Reset the default browser
- Re-register Windows DLL files
- Reset the URL file types
Reset the Default Browser
Initial step in fixing the hyperlinks not working issue in Microsoft Outlook 2010 is to reset the default browser in system. It is always better to make the Internet Explorer as your default browser. To do this, you need to open the Internet Explorer in the system and select ‘Tools’ from the menu. Select the ‘Internet Options’ and in the Internet Options box, select the ‘Programs’ tab. You need to then select the button labeled ‘Make Default’. You need to then click the ‘OK’ button and get the changes saved. The issue can thus be fixed.
Re-register Windows DLL files
If the issue has not been solved, you can try re-registering the DLL files. To do this follow below steps.
1. Close Down All Programs
2. Access Start Menu
3. Select Run Prompt and Type regsvr32
4. Type regsvr32 Followed by a space and File Name.
5. Click OK Button, Message Showed Process Succeeded.
Note- You need to do same for each DLL files associated and get issue fixed.
Reset the URL File Types
Yet another solution to fix the no hyperlinks in Microsoft Outlook 2010 work issue is to reset URL file associations.
URL file Associations -
1. Open My Computer
2. In Tools Menu, Select Folder Option
3. Select File Type Tab. A long List of File Extensions and Tile Type Appears
4. Scroll Down List to get URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol.
5. Click the Advance Button.
6. Select the Bold Open Item.
7. Click Edit.
8. In Edit Menu Select Browse Button.
9. Navigate the system folder where Internet Explorer is Stored.
10. Add Space and %1 to the end of the file name.
11. Click OK and Close.
iYogi’s Annual Unlimited Subscription Plan
iYogi is the fastest growing online and remote tech support provider in the direct-to-consumers and small businesses sector. Our highly skilled and experienced tech experts available, 24x7x365 will provide the best issue resolution and customer satisfaction. Our award winning and low priced Annual Subscription covers the following services:
- Comprehensive support to fix issues with opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Diagnostic & repair for your technologies.
- Troubleshoot software errors.
- Update drivers and security to protect against online threats.
- Connect to Internet, devices and peripherals.
- Optimize your computer’s speed and performance.
Unlimited access to great tech support, all year around! We promise the lowest wait-time and highest resolution rate in the industry.
Image Credit- Timeatlas