Mozilla Thunderbird: Unable to Send a Return Receipt on Request
Are you facing problems in sending a return receipt on request from Mozilla Thunderbird? The return receipt allows recipients to notify the information to senders that the recipient has read the email message.
Mozilla Thunderbird allows configuring Return Receipts settings for all email accounts. You can find ‘Return Receipts’ settings under the ‘Compositions’ Options in Mozilla Thunderbird. You can customize return receipts policy in the beginning, when you are setting up the email account in Mozilla Thunderbird. By customizing, you can change the global options set under ‘Tools’ menu from ‘Options’. Though the ‘Return Receipts’ settings for an email account of Mozilla Thunderbird are same as the global options. The Return Recipients options will allow senders to know that their recipients has received and read the mail. If Mozilla Thunderbird is unable to send a Return Recipients, then follow these step by step instructions to fix the issue.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- From the ‘Tools’ menu, click ‘Account Settings’. (The ‘Account Settings’ dialog box appears.)
- Click ‘Return Receipts’. (The ‘Return Receipts’ dialog box appears.)
- From the ‘When I receive a request for a return receipt’ group, select the radio button next to ‘Allow return receipts for some messages’.
- From the ‘If I’m not in the To or Cc of the message’ drop-down list, select the appropriate option.
- From the ‘If the sender is outside my domain’ drop-down list, select the appropriate option.
- From the ‘In all other cases’ drop-down list, select the appropriate option.
- Click ‘OK’.
Do you find these steps too complicated? Click and watch this video while you try these steps to Mozilla Thunderbird is unable to send a Return Recipients.